Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hutch Pics...

The black milk can next to the hutch was actually used by my great great grandfather, Samuel Archer, when he had a farm. The farm was on the property that is now where my parents live, and the hutch came out of the kitchen from the farmhouse.

The little rocking horse was my mothers when she was a child.

The inside of the sliding doors. We were very lucky to find most of the original inserts, like the spice rack (in the center), the flour bin on the left, and the sugar bin on the right (which tips out to fill). The only thing that is missing is one of the spice jars, there should be 7, but we only found 6.


A pic of the bottles on top of the hutch. The Saratoga bottles are new, but the other large jars are Horlick Jars. These jars were in my grandmas cupboard when I was growing up and I never paid attention to what they said. Soon after Rick and I got engaged I realized they said Racine, Wis. USA. I thought that was pretty cool (Rick grew up in Racine).


1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that is so cool.
I don't really have any old family items.
I guess we have a little from Dale's parents. But ... nothing that cool, that's way cool!
And it looks beautiful, you did a fantabulous job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home