Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Done

I finished the little girls room that I have been working on.










This is the room with the canopy over the bed in which I had made to short so I had to fix it. I ended up adding extra fabric to the bottom then putting on some cording to cover the seam. It turned out great.

The valance was made a couple of months ago then sent to a painter. Here is the finished results. I have signed up for a painting course at our local craft shop just in case I ever want to attempt another valance like this.

Also I slipcovered an ottoman that was in the room. The ruffle along the bottom was from the crib set from the little girl.

I know I keep saying "I", but I should really say "we". Rick helped so much with the canopy, he made the framing and he did the installation (which was a nightmare). Although through this project we realized that a different stapler would make things so much easier.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW is that fabulous! WOW!

I wish I had some insight, ability, and ... um ... follow-throughitiveness to do something like that.

Tracy, you (and Rick) did a wonderful job! It's beautiful!

kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home