Saturday, August 19, 2006

Hutch

I did finish what I had of the hutch. I talked to my mom and she said there are some more metal pieces to go inside. So we are going to visit them tomorrow and I will pick up all of the stuff that she has. I did need to get a new latch for the bottom door because the original was to rusted, but I haven't put it on yet because it looks to new. I am going to try and rough it up a little so it is not so shiny. I am very happy with how things turned out, the color and grain of the wood is just gorgeous.

While at my folks this weekend I am going to look around for more things to refines. I enjoyed doing the hutch so much that I want to do more. In my spare time of course!! Speaking of spare time I did just measure for another job! Maybe we can afford a cleaning lady!!!! (I can dream, right?)

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!!!!!

It's Gorgeous !!!!!!!!

I love it.

I wish I had the time, talent, know-how, persistence, and ambition to do that!!! What a fabulous piece you've ended up with!!!!!!

God job!!!!!

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, it looks wonderful! I wouldn't have guessed it to be so nice from the original pix!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And. . . you say you had FUN doing all that work? We're going to line up some jobs for you at our house in Mexico!! Come early. Stay late.

By the way, the hutch is stunning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home