Monday, October 23, 2006

Almost...but not quite

See, I almost missed my Monday blogging attempt. Rick and I just finished watching a movie: "Romancing the Stone". I had actually never seen it before, and I am sure I found it funnier than it was supposed to be (the man getting his hand chomped off by an alligator...hilarious). But it was a great way to spend a Monday evening.

We did an install today of 5 Roman shades. They turned out very well, the only thing was the fabric was really lightweight and the shades didn't want to go all the way down. I am going to add some weights to the hem and see if that makes a difference, if not, well I will cross that bridge later. I will post some pics over the next few days, when I have some more time to tweak them.

I will also try to get some pics up of the hutch. It has been finished for a few weeks now. The final thing that needed to be done was the sliding doors. There were 52 individual strips of wood that had to be stripped of paint then sanded, stained, and pollied. After everything dried I had to glue the wood to strips of canvas, very much like a roll top desk. I am very happy with the whole project, it has turned out to be very functional too. Of course that was its original purpose.

Pictures tomorrow, sleep now. Good night!

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sacrificed blog pix for sleep??? LOL
I am looking forward to pix.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home