Monday, September 11, 2006

fun stuff


The boy has lost his first tooth. He has been asking for a few months when he was going to loose a tooth, he even asked the dentist when we saw him this spring. For the past week he has been wiggling his tooth and reminding us every chance he got that he was going to loose a tooth. It didn't happen till late last night and he wanted to wake up his sister to show her, but I told him to wait until morning. Well, he slept in and the girl was off to school by the time he woke up. The first words out of his mouth "Where's DQ?" He was very disappointed not to show off for her.

The other fun thing that happened yesterday was that I made a special dessert. Hot dog and french fries!

It was very easy and the kids couldn't eat their dinner fast enough because they were so excited about the cake. I found the idea on a website; they have some other very cool ideas. I think for April Fool's Day I can make a meatloaf cake with mashed potato frosting and hot dog cake for dessert.

We go back today and try to hang the canopy, will post pics if it turn out!

1 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for a lost tooth! Glad it was a cause for excitement and not traumatic for the boy :)

Our local grocery makes a cake similar to the hot dogs you made, except it's a giant hamburger (with fries on the side). It's completely garish in its...size and brightness...but I got it one year for someone's birthday. I'm sure yours were better...I remember the one we got being mostly bun and ketchup colored frosting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home