Friday, August 11, 2006

Progressing and cleaning...


Things are progressing very well on the hutch. I was able to strip, stain, and poly all of the small wood pieces and doors. Also with all of the tin pieces I was able to use my new handy dandy wire brush drill bit and get most of the paint and rust off, then I repainted them with an ivory spray paint.

I know some of you are wondering Why did she take off all of the paint just to put on more paint? All I can say is genius is a work in progress!! Actually I had to take off all the paint to get a smooth surface so the new paint would look good. I wasn't planning on re-painting anything, but after stripping things down I realized that originally the inside of the top had been painted. So, I decide to keep it that way. Although I still need to strip off all the old paint to get a smooth flat surface.

I have really been enjoying doing all the work on the hutch, I love working with all the different tools and seeing how things turn out. The only down side is that I don't spend anytime inside cleaning. When I say cleaning I mean basic stuff, like cleaning off the dinner dishes so the kids can have breakfast. In my perfect world I would have someone come in and clean for me. I don't wish for a big house or fancy cars (although I LOVE the new mustangs), I just wish someone could come clean for me. Then I could spend all my time in my sewing room or working with power tools. Oh well, I am going to get off the computer and start the dishes and mop the kitchen floor, which I am only doing out of necessity, because you can't walk through with out sticking. :D

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! I have that same white colander! Only I (lost? broke? decluttered?) the top half of it. Do you know why I bought it? Because it looked like the Enterprise, without the nacelles. No, really. I'm such a nerd!

Anyway, the hutch is looking great! I like that color :-)

And my sink looks like that sometimes, even without big projects to work on. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home