Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Rainy Days

It has been really rainy the past few days. Because of it we had to cancel our adventure to the pumpkin patch yesterday. But we found something else to keep the kids occupied on Columbus Day, we went to the library book sale. I went last year and got a lot of wonderful books, everything from Jeffrey Deaver to Dr. Suess, the only problem was carrying every thing to the car. This year I was a bit more prepared, I brought a rolling duffel bag, and boy did the kids and I stuff it full. The sale was going on all weekend with Monday being the free day with $1 admission, of course I went on the free day. DQ was just in awe, the sale is held in a huge gymnasium, the other day she told me that she wasn't sure if she wanted to be an author or an illustrator when she grew up. I was impressed she used the word illustrator. Oh my genius children, (I know it comes from the Hansen side of the family) :D.

The kids have Thursday off of school so we might try the pumpkin patch then, it would be nice because Rick has that day off and he could join us. Anything were there is a tractor and hayride is just perfect for GB.

I actually need to get some sewing done today, nothing to exciting just a table runner and some embroidered blankets. Maybe I will take a picture and share.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger tracy said...

I don't feel to guilty getting a duffle bag of books because when we are done reading them I redonate them for next years sale. Still, DQ finished 1 book (over 80 pages) and started on another before bedtime and gave me the eye roll and humph when I turned her light out at 9pm. What a problem child!!(said with sarcasm);D

HATE HATE HATE BLOG SPAM!!! I get so excited to see I have a comment then it is spam. ARGH!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home