Saturday, August 05, 2006

Stripping...


Over the past week Rick and I have finished the bottom half of the hoosier hutch that I took out of my parents old house. There were at least 6 layers of paint that I saw: 2 layers of white, pink, yellow, green, and black.



The trickiest part was the pullout tin top, which had 3 layers of paint. I couldn't use a metal scraper because I didn't want to scratch the tin so I ended up using stripper and a special scrub brush. It came out pretty good, I still need to shine it up a little with polish, but I will get to that.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the top picture the "finished" one? It looks so pretty!
What a lot of work, though.
Someday, in my future life, I will do projects.
But maybe not ones THAT involved. :-)
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home