Monday, March 20, 2006

Some things I am grateful for…

The 45-minute pj pants. I found this adorable flannel fabric in the remnant bin at the fabric store; I ended up paying 88cents for 1 yard. Quick and cheap - (I am afraid that is becoming my motto).


But, I realize that the 45 minutes only works for me because I am very lucky to have a permanent set up for my sewing machine. There would be no way I would ever do anything if I had to pick everything up when I was done.

Here is a picture of my "sewing room". It is actually a part of our family room that consists of: computer, TV, kids toys, treadmill, etc.


I have a regular sewing/embroidery machine (Pfaff 7560) and a serger (White 2000ats). A few years ago for Christmas, Rick made me a table; this is not your ordinary sewing table. It is 5ft X 8ft, and I covered it in a waterproof, heat resistant, heavy-duty fabric (actually I got it from a boat shop) so I can iron on it and the steam from the iron won't make the padding on the table mildew. There is a ton of storage under the table for fabric. As you can see in the picture I am not the most organized person. I have great expectations that I will get the fabric organized, but I just don't seem to have the time. Maybe when the boy starts kindergarten next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home