Sunday, March 05, 2006

Kellys' Dancing Stars...

I have been obsessing about quilt blocks recently. What I mean by obsessing is that I go to the library and take out about dozen or so books at a time. I have been doing this for the past month, just waiting until I had some "free" time to get started on a quilt. What I look at in the quilt books are all the different type of blocks, one of the books I got had over 5,500 different quilt blocks. That is quite a bit, but even with all the books that I looked at I decided on what I have termed "Kellys' dancing star". Kelly is my sister-in-law-in-law and I have been lurking on her blog for a while now. One of the first posts I read on her blog had a quilt block that she had designed. I remember really liking it because it wasn't like all the other quilt star blocks that I had seen; this one actually had 5 points. So over the past few days I have been piecing a quilt top together (I had to wait until I didn't have any jobs, so my table was clear). The finished size will be 102" X102" which is a king size. I still have a couple of borders to put on, so what is pictured is 68" X 68".


4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my sister is famous!

I like your quilt very much!

Kim, (Kelly's sister, who lurks here sometime ... thru Karin's blog ... hope you don't mind, I feel kind of guilty admitting my lurkhood. :) )

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger tracy said...

Kim,
I have lurked on your blog also, mostly to be amazed at how you can actually blog with 6 kids.
Maybe we should have another "lurking day". :D
-Tracy

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...I am so utterly impressed. I love the quilt...way cool!

Has Kel seen this?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger tracy said...

Kelly, I am so glad you like it!!

I try to use whatever fabric I have on hand, so these were leftover fabrics. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but I am happy with it.

My next project is going to be the "book purse" that I saw on kellys craft links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home