Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The past month

I feel guilty that I haven't kept up with my blog over the past month. It seems that so much has happened that when I sit down to write I just feel overwhelmed. I have never felt that I was very good at writing, it has always seemed such a chore. But I love being able to share everyday stuff with those I don't get to see very often. My father-in-law is the one I remember telling me "just write, don't stop for spelling, that's what spell check is for, you can always edit later." So ignore the grammatical errors and erroneous (I can use big words with spell check) spelling, and I will "just write".

It seems I left off with Thanksgiving. We had an absolutely fantastic time with extended family. There was a Purcell family reunion at my folks place in Saratoga, NY, we had family from Florida and New Hampshire that came. (The Purcells are my moms' side of the family.) What a crazy bunch of people, there was so much laughter, a few tears, and some amazing music. Let's not forget the food!! My sister-in-law, Amy, was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner, and she is so good at planning for a huge meal, she had lists and time tables and just … well, everything was delicious. Also, there were 24 pies, pumpkin, apple, pecan, peanut butter, chocolate cream, banana cream, and some others I am forgetting. It was awesome. Who can't have fun with that much sugar around!?!

We woke up Thanksgiving morning to about 4 inches of snow. Those that had come from Florida hadn't seen snow in years, so it was just perfect. Of course my brother and dad had to pull out the snowmobiles, it was great to see my dad driving my grandpa around on the snowmobile. Believe it or not, I had never driven a snowmobile before so of course I jumped right on. It was fantastic!! I gave the kids a ride and the boy kept yelling "Faster!! Faster!!" It was so awesome!!

On Friday the 25th, Rick and I celebrated our 10-yr. anniversary. It is amazing how quickly time has flown, but when I look back, it is amazing that we have packed so many wonderful times and memories into just 10 years. I am very thankful for Rick and how we have grown and changed over the years, and just what a wonderful (and handsome) man he is. I will stop now before this gets too mushy.

While everyone was visiting, we had a little remberance time for my grandma, Harriet Purcell, who passed away 4 years ago. It was wonderful listening to some poems and songs that were written about her. I hope I can get my grandpa to record "Where Has the Magic Gone". I was in tears.

Now we are back home trying to adjust to a new schedule change with Rick's work and planning for Goofball's 5th birthday and Christmas. I also have a few houses that I need to sew curtains for in time for the holidays. Pretty busy, but it is fun.

We are going to be in Seattle for Christmas visiting Rick's side of the family. We haven't seen Karin and her family in 5 years, so it will be great to see them. I have been trying to get gifts wrapped and shipped so we don't have to lug them on the plane.

Anyway, all is well and wonderful in the Hansen household. And I will try to be better about updating the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home