Friday, November 21, 2008

I would like to take this time to thank.....

So much for getting the rest of the leaves! We woke up to this:
Very pretty! In case you were wondering this is the view of our back yard from the kitchen window. It is just a dusting of snow and it will probably be gone by this evening. I know that if we were in a southern state the town would be shut down, but in PA this barely even registers.
I think I am going to stay home and be cozy with our new pellet stove! My folks came this past weekend and installed the stove, this is what my dad does for his real job so he knew what he was doing. I love this thing, you dump a bag of pellets in every couple of days and it works off of a thermostat, so I bump it up when it is chilly! There was no heat in the basement, and since this is where the computers, toys, and sewing machines are we do spend a lot of time down here. Last year we tried a little space heater, but every time we turned it on the lights went dim. THANK YOU DAD!!!
Notice next the the stove there is a book shelf with a set of Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books, the kids love them. Even the boy has started reading them. Since our very wonderful relatives in Seattle are downsizing, we put in a request for them. I know it was difficult, but THANK YOU CJ AND ROSS!!!
Today I am playing hooky from work. Although in my defense I really don't feel that great, scratchy throat and dizzy, I don't want to give it to my lovely co-workers. My plan is to make some pies or at least make the dough so it can be refrigerated (it rolls better cold) for next week. We plan on spending Thanksgiving with Rick's other wonderful aunt and uncle in Maryland. THANK YOU NITA AND TED!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home