Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love our town!

We are in a rather small town, our Main Street has an ice cream shop and liquor store. All of the essentials! Anyway, tonight is the holloween parade, the kids walk the route and then at the end there is cider and pretzels and a live band, they also have cash prizes for costumes. We went last year and what impressed me most was the variety of costumes, a good portion of the costumes were home made. Their was a kid as a robot with dryer vent arms, and so many other great ideas. This year we are going to walk with some of our neighbors. It will be a great group because the 2 neighbor boys will be Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper, which goes very well with Peter's choice of Obi-Wan Kenobi. I told them there was a truce for tonight. Anna decided to be "Will" from a series of books she has read called W.I.T.C.H. I told her nobody would probably know who she is, but that was fine with her. She will feel like she has a secret. I love the dress up and make believe part of holloween. The kids get so excited about picking out what they want to be and then we figure out how to make the costume. We don't buy costumes, because I like to see the creativity (and use up some of my fabric stash). Also, I am a cheapskate!

4 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I second that motion... our town is the best. Well, in actuality, I would say our "neighborhood" is the best! I have this incredible friend and there is a group of women that get together regularly to craft/shop/talk. And our children have made great friends as well. I love living here!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger tracy said...

that neighbor of yours sounds great!!! especially the crafty one!

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...are we going to see pictures at some point?? ;)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger tracy said...

It would figure that our camera died the night of the parade! So nothing, nada! I tried taking some pics with my phone and they all ended up black. I will make them dress up again and then take some pics with the other camera (gasp! a 35 mm).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home