Saturday, August 23, 2008

Vacation

We were on vacation this past week and we had great time. We went to Six Flags in Lake George, NY with my brother and his crew. The kids went on their first roller coaster rides, albeit not the same coaster. The girl was terrified on the "Comet" which is all hills and very fast, but once she was safe on the ground she decided it was fun, so we did it again!


The boy said he was to scared to go on the "Comet", but later in the day he really wanted to go on the Steamin' Demon, which not only has a loop, but two corkscrews. He was a little scared going up the hill, but when we got off he was screaming "That was awesome!" The coaster is behind him in this pic.

While we were in Saratoga, we also went to the race track. This is what Saratoga is famous for, but even though I was born and raised there it was my first time going to the track. We have a friend that works there and she walked around with us for a little bit and showed us how things work. I did place a $2 bet, but of course I didn't win. It was still cool to see the horses. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pics to share.
We came home on Monday then took off the for the beach on Tuesday. I was able to snag a decent deal on a hotel in for one night in Ocean City, NJ (about 2 1/2 hours away). The hotel was 500 feet from the boardwalk and the beach. This was our first time going somewhere that had a boardwalk, lots of junk shops and lots of great places to eat. Of course most of our time was spent on the beach, we borrowed a neighbors boogie boards and did some belly surfing with them. The boy spent most of his time digging holes and then letting the surf fill them in, very funny to watch. The girl found lots of shells and then spent time reading. Rick and I played with the kids and did some reading. It was a very nice experience.


1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! It's been years since I've been on a coaster.
Looking forward to seeing y'all again soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home