Monday, October 06, 2008

Enjoying the quite

Everything is great! Dare I say boring. I tried to sit down and write something over the past week, but I can't come up with anything interesting. I had some time (4 hours) to myself on Saturday night, no kids and no husband, and I kept trying to think of something exciting to do. I don't really like to shop and I didn't want to waste money on a movie. So, I stayed home and painted the stairway and then read a book. I really enjoyed myself. While I painted I put on some music, stuff that I don't play when the kids are around, and turned the volume up. Even at 32, I feel rebellious when I crank the music loud. So am I boring or just easily amused?

The kids are doing well. The girl has joined 4-H and is doing a lot of sewing with them, I am not able to help out because the boy is to crazy to stay in 1 room for 3 hours. I figure I will be able to help out in a couple of years. Although, I know that she is learning more without me hovering.
The boy is really loving his guitar lessons, he is actually able to play a few cords.

Rick is in Wisconsin for a few days. There is a conference and a tour of their Oconomowoc plant on Tuesday and Wednesday. He was able to get a few days off before the conference to spend some time in Racine with his dad. Sounds like he has been catching up on his sleep and spending time with family! Can't ask for more than that. I had made some curtains for dad and shipped them last week so that Rick could install them while he was there. I will try to get some pics.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Blogger Carolyn Hansen said...

That "home alone" idea must be very different for you. I'm here without Ross and the dogs for maybe about 15 minutes a day, while he walks them. Not enough time to paint anything, but I could crank some music up to 11.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home