Sunday, July 13, 2008

DEAL

Sometimes I make a deal without realizing what a deal it is!!
With the price of gas and the need for more exercise, I have been trying to ride my bike more. This has been a difficult task considering I haven't had a bike in about 15 years (hee hee). So step one: get a bike, when looking for a bike the most important thing I consider is the size of the seat (considering the size of MY seat). Comfort while exercising makes it much more enjoyable, yeah right!! Anyway, my parents were not using their bikes so I asked if we could borrow them and so they gave them to us. That was very nice of them considering the bikes were only about 5 years old, so thanks mom and dad! (They had also upgraded the seats to the extra large padded gel seats, very nice indeed!)
So the kids and I have ridden to town a few times (about half a mile). Our town is very much like Mayberry, Main Street with an ice cream shop, post office, and small library. Also, we have the advantage of having the Perkiomen Trail go through town, so biking is a very great thing to be able to do. One of the problems with a bike is the lack of storage, the girl has a small basket on the front of her bike and I use a backpack but after a trip to the library they get a little full and then I get thrown off balance (which is shaky on a good day). So I have been on the lookout for a big basket for my bike, there is one at stuff-mart that detaches from the bike and is very nice, but I wanted to see what else was out there. While yard-saleing in the neighborhood today (on our bikes) somebody was selling a couple of old 10 speeds, one of them had a huge double metal basket that goes over the back tire. Since I didn't need the bike (such tiny little seats-ouch) I asked if he would take $5 for the basket, sure, no problem!! Excellent! Well, I did have a little difficulty getting the basket home since I was on a bike and the huge basket was not attached to my bike yet, but I made it. The basket fit nicely on my bike and will be very useful! Out of curiousity, I checked out ebay to see how much something like this would go for, this is where I found out what a deal I made. The listing was up to $43 + shipping, and mine is in better condition. I just love a bargain!

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SaWeeet! I had baskets like that over my fender on the bike I rode before getting my first 12-speed as a kid. I don't know what happened to them, or the bike...but have wished I had them now!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Tracy,
I found the post with the pictures of your house. It's beautiful!

Thanks again for coming over to see us. We really enjoyed your company and it was fun to get caught up.

Hope you will have had a safe and uneventful trip home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home