Sunday, July 06, 2008

My mom's birthday.

We spent this past weekend in NY with my family. My sister-in-law, Amy and I planned a surprise party for my moms 60th. It all went very well and we had a really nice time. As one of her gifts we put together a video for her, Amy did all the finding and scanning of pictures, my nephew, Alex worked the computer while Amy and I gave him directions. The song is called "Heroes" and was written and performed by my grandfather, Tracy Purcell, who passed away last month. I am sharing it with everyone because I am so proud to be a part of such an amazing and talented family. One of the most important things my mom taught me was to respect and cherish my heritage. It was never a hardship to spend time with the Purcells. I deeply miss grandma and grandpa, but I enjoy the times when I see the rest of the family.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Lainie said...

Happy Birthday Lynn :)
You are much loved, and it's good to be among the legion who are glad you were born.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful video, Tracy! Guess I should check out your site more often! (Better late than never.) I remember your musical family from your wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home