Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Getting ready for school



I have been looking at the kids wardrobes to see what they need for the coming school year, so that means I have been shopping. Of course I hit the clearance racks, Kohls is having 70% off the clearance and Penney's is having 40% off. I was able to stock up on T-shirts and a few skirts for DQ. I also try to recycle some of the outgrown clothing, like these jeans for DQ. I just chopped them to a capri length then added a ruffle and some trim that I had on hand, I made a sash belt out of the same fabric as the ruffle. She absolutely loves them. I don't like her "model" pose in these pictures, but she was just goofing around. I also made her a bonnet like Kirsten (her doll) so now they match, I had made the matching dress this past Christmas. GB is starting to get excited about "school", he will be in a pre-K program at the same school as DQ, although he will only be going in the afternoons, 4 days a week. I always get all choked up in the beginning of the school year, and I keep wondering if I should have continued home schooling. I love having the kids around, but sometimes they don't like having me around and I enjoy a little break. With DQ's personality she really learns better from others (meaning not me), and we will see how GB does. At least for now the school situation is working well, but we will take it a year at a time and see how things work out.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The capri pants are adorable. And I'm thinking of more projects for you at Christmas! (Kidding!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home