Monday, July 11, 2005

Rick's birthday

Well, yesterday was Rick's 32nd birthday. We didn't do anything exciting, since Rick had to work and sleep all day, we only had a couple of hours in the evening. We did have caramel apple pie for dessert, so that was pretty special. I always say that apple pie was how I "caught" Rick (that and a dining room table, but that is another story). When I first met Rick he was living in Saratoga with a couple of other single Navy guys, needless to say there kitchen was probably only used for Coke and Frosted Flakes. I figured I could wow him with an apple pie, I did get a blue ribbon from the county fair for the recipe. So I made a HUGE pie, it had over 6 lbs of apples, and I told him he could give me the pie plate back whenever he was done, I got the empty pie plate back the next day. I guess it was a hit. Anyway, I did not make the apple pie for his birthday yesterday, we figured we would try out the pie from the bakery at Costco. It was the best pie ever, definitely worthy of a blue ribbon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home