Saturday, July 30, 2005

Swimming and violin

DQ took another swim test (they test every 2 weeks) and she is now in the 3rd level. She is a fish. It is amazing to see how well she is doing. This week I am looking into renting a violin for DQ as she has expressed interest. Actually we asked her what instrument she would like to play, she at first said saxophone then changed to violin. So it looks like Rick is going to teach her for a while. Of course we can't think of playing the violin without remembering my mother-in-law, who was an amazing violin teacher. DQ remembers Grandma Sharon showing her the bunny hold and "te te te te ta ta", the only thing is I still get choked up when I hear "Twinkle". I remember standing on the front lawn of my in-laws house when moms students gave her a surprise concert (this was a few months before she passed away) Lainie and I were bawling our eyes out when the kids started playing "twinkle". I really miss mom, I wish she could have seen GB and told me how much he is like Rick and all sorts of stories of "when Ricky was that age....." I am sure that the rest of the family will contribute to the stories and I look forward to hearing them.

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you made me cry. I miss Sharon. And my guess is that she'd approve of the sax as much as the violin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home