Tuesday, July 26, 2005


It is not that I haven't had anything to write about over the past week it is just I can't seem to form coherent sentences. We had a great time last week when Rick went with the kids and I to the beach, DQ had fun showing off her new swimming skills. We also went to a kids concert on Thursday evening, in our downtown area they have free summertime concerts. The "zucchini Brothers" were a really cool group that played original music. The kids favorites include "The Green Tooth Monster" (about brushing your teeth) and "You are What You Eat" which has the line "... if you drink a lot of soda you might exploda". My favorite part was watching the kids dance around and be completely silly (GB was really jamming on his air guitar). We all had a wonderful time.

I have kind of taken the past month off from doing any sewing jobs and now I need to get back in the swing of things. I just repaired a motorcycle jacket and pants that had been ripped during an accident, no one was hurt in the accident. Thank goodness. I have started to make new cushions for a rocking chair, although I need to get more needles because I have already broken two. I am using denim fabric and the cushions have cording and banding, so I am going through almost 10 layers of fabric which is over 1/4 inch thick. My machine is holding up just fine, just this problem with the needles. Oh well!

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So . . . when you're in Seattle over Christmas, can we put you to work? I have a sewing machine and a serger that I use maybe twice a year. And we have a HUGE pile of mending! (Sigh.)

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger tracy said...

Anything for you!!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home