Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tilapia

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Although it seems harder now that we have gone “public”. Why is that do you suppose?

I was thinking of posting some of our new favorite recipes and then my friend Lisa asked so here you go:

We eat fish about 3 times a week and usually just throw it on the grill, but I wanted to do something a little different and this seems to work out very well (i.e. easy)!

4 fillets of white fish (I use tilapia)
1 cup of wine (optional)
1 can of spaghetti sauce (I use Hunt’s with garlic and herbs)
½ box of cooked pasta

Simmer the fish, wine, and spaghetti sauce for about 10-15 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve with a veggie or salad and you have a meal! The kids always ask for seconds on this!
Variation: instead of spaghetti sauce, use a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies and add minute rice instead of the cooked pasta.

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Lisa said...

Thanks, Tracy! That sounds delicious. Do you have an Aldi supermarket near you? I find they have these delicious little bags of a "seafood medley" that contain shrimp, scallops and calamari for under $4. I defrost and saute it with a little water and crushed garlic and red pepper flake and throw over pasta. I also defrost and serve cold as a seafood salad or sorts with italian dressing or just oil and vinegar.

I'm getting pretty pumped up now that grilling season is here and farmers markets become more accessible. It's so much easier to be and stay healthy in summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home