Friday, March 12, 2010

Feeling good!

Wow almost exactly a year!

It has been a milestone week for Rick and I, so we had to finally share! Rick has lost 50 pounds and I have lost 30.

I started last January by exercising more and joining a volleyball night at the YMCA. I had to keep exercising and stretching so that I wasn’t to sore after volleyball. Then over the summer I started running! I have never in my life been a runner so I started with ¼ mile and worked up to about 2 miles, I try to run 3-5 times a week (depending on the weather). Sometimes it is hard to drag myself outside, but a lot of the time I can’t wait to put on MY music and just go. This is truly something that I am so proud of myself for, because it is something I could never do. Sometime this year my goal is to run a 5K. Through all the exercising I lost about 15 lbs but I didn’t really change my eating habits until this past November when Rick came on board.

Rick started losing weight when we got back home after Thanksgiving, I remember him saying he was tired of always feeling stuffed. So he started by bringing salads to work and eating fruit for a snack and cutting back on his portion sizes. It has actually been easier for me to make dinners because I know how much to make. We always have a huge salad in the fridge and lots of fruit around, I have stopped buying lots of snacks like chips and granola bars and have bought more raisins and nuts that you have to shell. Rick has had amazing willpower and I am so glad he helped all of us develop better eating habits. This week he put away all of his old jeans because they were huge.

5 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAH!!!!! great job! will power is something I lack:( byt happy for you both! wondering why there is no pic attached?
Amy

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Signe said...

That's great! Congratulations! I'm working on losing as well so you give me a little more motivation :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Karin said...

Excellent! :)

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Nita said...

No wonder I didn't notice--he hadn't lost it yet! He lost all that since Thanksgiving???? Well, I'm still proud of him, but more than a little jealous.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Carolyn Hansen said...

Wow! Congratulations to you both. That is a lot of hard work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home