Thursday, June 16, 2005

Heat wave

Rick and I have figured out how to put up pictures. Actually I should say that Rick figured it out and I sat next to him and watched and added my expert opinion about things.

Here is a new one for me, the other day I get a call from DQ's school that they are having an early dismissal because of the heat. Some of the schools in the district do not have air conditioning and the classrooms were registering above 80 degrees. I just think it is ironic that they are in school this week to make up for all of the snow days they had this past winter. Oh well, only a couple more days until they are out for the summer.

We spent yesterday afternoon at the local library. The kids just love going, they have a little puppet stage and a toy area to play in and comfortable chairs for the moms. I sat and read a book for a good half hour while the kids just had a grand ole time. DQ came home with at least 10 books, her favorites are "encyclopedia Brown" and "American Girl" books, the only problem is that she will stay up late reading. I guess I could have worse problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home