Saturday, June 11, 2005

Cheapskate or thrifty?

I will be the first to admit that I am a cheapskate. Some may say I am thrifty, but they are just being kind. So my favorite day is Saturday, I will sit down with the newspaper and circle all of the tag sales that I want to go to. The kids don't mind going along because they each get a dollar to spend how they want. Well today they found little toy dogs that make noises and move just like a real puppy, they are the cutest thing. DQ, the crafty one, has already made a little dog house out of an old tissue box and GB carries his puppy around in his shirt and pretends that the dog is licking his face. They talk to the puppies like they are real and try to get them to eat. It is very funny to watch them. Since our landlord says no pets, this is the closest we are going to get.

It had been really hot and humid here the past few days. Thank goodness we have a basement that stays cool because the house is awful. I don't know how Rick can sleep during the day with all of the humidity. I can't stand to be in the house when it is this bad, so I don't get a lot of housework done. I can work at night when it is cooler, but then the kids are in bed and I don't want to wake them up with the vacuum. But tonight I at least need to get the dishes done so that we have bowls and spoons for breakfast tomorrow. At this point in my narrative I should say something witty and amusing, but I just can't think of anything. It is late and those dishes are starting to stink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home