Friday, June 10, 2005

In the beginning...

Well, lets see how this works. I got this idea from my sister-in-law and really enjoyed hearing about her everyday life and about the lives her family.

Let me introduce everyone: their is Rick and myself, a 7 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. Rick is a maintenance supervisor for George Weston Bakeries in Greenwich, CT. From what he tells me, it seems that he is in charge of people who fix the machines that make Thomas' English Muffins and the wrapping and packaging of Arnolds Bread. The biggest perk for me is that he gets free bread and I don't have to wash his uniforms. Simple things.
As for me, I have a sewing business appropriately called "Sewing and Such" hence the name of this blog. For the past 3 years I have been doing sewing related stuff for people that I know, mostly I do interior decorating and embroidered blankets. I have a workroom in the basement of our house where I can keep an eye on our 4 year old. I am sure I will go into more detail later, but for now that is an overview of what I do.
The 7 year old girl I will refer to as DQ which is short for drama queen. DQ is a sweetheart with a love for horses, cats, and Kirsten her American Girl doll. She is in the first grade and is an amazing reader. She is very artistic and is a always making books and pictures for everybody, I will try and post some of the books she has written.
Goofball, or GB for short, is a active 4 year old boy. He loves his trains and can name all of the caracters from Thomas the Tank Engine, also he is getting interested in superheros. He has superman and batman shirts (complete with capes) that he wears all the time, usually with cowboy boots. But he is very adamant the he is "Mama's boy" and will still sit on my lap sucking his thumb and twirling my hair. The dentist tells me to break him of the thumb sucking habit, but I figure he will need braces no matter what, so I will just enjoy my goofball.

I am very proud of my family and I guess this will give me an outlet to brag about them. In between the bragging I will post some pictures of my sewing projects sometimes with instructions. This will get me started and maybe I will share this in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home