Sunday, November 18, 2007

The boys room

I have seen this technique done before, but this was my first time actually doing it. All that is needed is some painters tape (I used 1") and a tape measure/level.

The before picture.

In this pic I have measured out the lines and placed tape along the wall, windows, and doors. When I marked the lines I just used a chalk mark so that it could easily come off. The other important part of this step is to use a roller of some type (rolling pin) to go over the tape so that all of the edges are sealed.
I did the black stripe first, just because I had the most patience at the beginning of the project so that I could cut in (paint) around the moldings without masking all of the edges.
Next was yellow, so that it wouldn't matter if I dripped on the bottom half of the wall.
Then orange.
Finally, remove painters tape and decorate. I scoured my parents back yard for old hub caps and licence plates. I found the Nascar stickers at the craft shop. And you can see the headboard and dresser from a previous post.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great. Corey has the same frog hamper (we did his room with a frog theme this year).

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That's beautiful. You can come paint at our house anytime.

Love, cj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home